The Montana Bowling Proprietors Association was formed in July 1963 and incorporated with the Montana Secretary of State as a non-profit entity on August 16, 1963. The Internal Revenue Service officially recognizes it as a non-profit organization with 501(c)(6) status.
This corporation is organized exclusively for the purpose of promoting the common interests of all Montana bowling proprietors and is not formed for the purpose of engaging in a regular business of a kind ordinarily carried on for profit or for the purpose of providing or performing particular services for individual persons.
Our mission as is that of our parent organization – the Bowling Proprietors Association of America – is to provide support necessary to enhance the profitability of our members.
Of historical significance are the individual and bowling center names of the original nine-member board of directors in 1963. They are in no particular order: Bill Morrison (Liberty Lanes-Missoula), Stan Olson (Little’s Lanes-Great Falls), Jack Murphy (Murph’s Bowling Center-Great Falls), Herb Hruska (The Bowl-Bozeman), Arvid Sundet (A & K Lanes-Choteau), Jim Easbey (Imperial Lanes-Helena), Tom Schiavon (Sunset Bowl-Billings), George Schneider (Capital City Bowl-Helena), and Ned Newton (Ned-Eva Lanes-Dillon). Bill Morrison was the first president of the MBPA and Bob Froelich (Missoula) was the first executive secretary.
Officers & Directors
President: Dave Martinich (Star Lanes-Butte) 406-494-3898
Vice-Pres: Knut Hoelstad (Bitterroot Valley Lanes-Hamilton) 406-363-6172
Executive Director:Tom Brendgord (Billings) 406-252-3220
Directors: Ron Bolan (Sleeping Giant Lanes-Helena) 406-442-1004, Ken Brubaker (Harvest Moon Lanes-Havre) 406-265-5885 & Randy Phillips (Copper City Bowl-Anaconda) 406-563-3426